Friday, June 13, 2008

Stupid People

Are people really that f$(*ing stupid? Oh wait....yes they are! ARGH! Why?? Why can't people just keep their mouths shut? Is it really that hard?

Just when I think I'm doing good and trying to focus my energy else where I have a complete melt down! It started off at the grocery store this morning when I was checking out...I walked past a customer who was in a self check out register to get to a free one and I saw him staring (couldn't miss it) and he whistled at me. WTF? It's 6:45 AM, I just got outta the shower 30 minutes ago and your whistling at me like I'm a dog? Do guys really think this is necessary or that it turns us on? Newsflash to any guy out there who might be reading this: IT DOESN'T!

Then around 10:30ish an employee from our company that works at a different clinic shows up who I very much dislike. It takes a lot for me not to like someone as much as I do her. So I figured for once she would just ignore me but nooooo. She says something along the line of "where are the babies" while pointing to my stomach. "Aren't you trying?" I think I tuned her out right about there as my heart sank into my stomach. It was harmless small talk & she has no idea of my history but at the same time it sent my world crashing down. Talk about disliking a person even more.

About 45 minutes later, one of my co-workers ticked me off and I became very angry! I left for lunch...went shopping for an outfit for tonight and was just stamping around in the mall with a pissed off look on my face, I'm sure. My boss (who is the PT I work with, I'm a PTA & we are grouped on teams. We joke that we are work spouses, so we are fairly close) had sent me a text because he stopped me on my way out for lunch and asked if I was ok and I told him I was fine or that I would be fine (can't remember which). He hates the word fine...and he asked if it was what so & so at work did? And I replied "Yes that's part of it but what so & so said was awful!" He agreed and I walked past him and said "I'm just mad!" He knew I wanted to be left alone after that. So...he apologized to me and asked if there was anything he could do. And I said "I wish I just had the courage to tell people I have 2 babies in heaven" and I started bawling...I lost it....I couldn't be that rock any more. I've had an incredible amount of strength this time around....but now...I feel as if I lost it. He sent me home after I got back and we talked, which was really nice because I was not in the mood to deal with people at all. I had no patience for stupid people!! I lost it all this morning!!

Well at least I'll look cute in the new outfit I bought at the mall for the dance recital tonight!! LOL

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so sorry that you had to deal with those people! What a horrible day! It sounds like the PT is very kind and thoughtful and understands what you're going through. Sometimes we can't be as strong as other times and it's okay to be sad and lose it sometimes. All the emotions build up and that's when we lose it on days like you had. {HUGS}

Kristin (kekis) said...

I'm sorry! Stupid people suck & you have every right to be irritated and upset. I always picture kicking them or punching them in head & I feel a tiny bit better.

Hopefully this week won't be so rough and more idiot-free.