I wanted to write in my blog so bad but now that I'm on the page I keep procrastinating....
I've had an interesting 24 hours. My last patient of the day told me him and his wife were expecting...she's 3 weeks farther along than I would be and it was kind of hard for me to be happy. My heart sank, I began to wonder why me, how is this going to make me stronger, and why is it some people hardly try and they are pregnant? Moving on...we went over to a friend's house who's dad proceeded to try to convince me to take a puppy 'since I wasn't expecting yet'...yea that was lovely. Granted he doesn't have a clue what we've been through...but it still hurts.
So this morning was kinda lousy, I was extremely tired, sluggish and just not feeling well. I barely made it through the morning with a fake, half smile on my face. I was irritated for no particular reason with co-workers and for once wished for a job that didn't involve people, especially after a new patient asked if I had any children, when I replied "no not yet", my patient beside us said, "Don't do it!" I was stunned...he asked, "how old are you?" I said "24", he answered "Wait till your 34." My patient that I was working with asked how long I been married and I told her 1 year in May. So they both say, "Oh you have plenty of time, just wait and enjoy the first few years," despite my argument that my husband is 12 years older than I, I dropped it, only to feel more bitter then I was earlier in the morning.
Lunch didn't come soon enough. However, as I was leaving to go home to get some lunch someone rear ended me. Yes, that topped my day off real nice! There was no damage done to my vehicle and I'm fine...just pissed by that point in time.
Before I switch over to my book review I want to add that today is my baby sister's graduation from high school. Ok so she's really my cousin but I love her like a little sister, I never had. We both are only children and I remember the day she was born, ok I think it was the day after we went to visit but I adored her since the first time I saw her!! Anyway....Ash if you are reading this I just want to say that I'm so proud of you and I always will be! Happy Graduation!!! I love you!!!
1 year ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment