Monday, May 26, 2008

Maybe I'm just fat

Ok...so not fat...but I've put on a few pounds and look like I have an inner tube around my waist. I guess I should get motivated and start an exercising program. Its depressing that 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life, dancing 5 days a week. :::sigh::: Why did I ever quit? Oh yea....drama and a bunch of lazy girls.

Right so anyway I thought I'd give a little update re: D&E recovery. Thursday I stayed home from work and just rested up. My bleeding slowed but my cramps persisted. On Friday I went back to work and was hurting pretty good by 10:30. So at lunch I laid down and slept for approx. 30 mins which felt great. By Friday afternoon I had a slight brownish discharge and was feeling a little tired but good overall.

By Saturday I was doing yard work and felt great! I'm pretty shocked at how quickly I recovered but thankful. I'm still holding up pretty well emotionally. I can't believe my optimism this time around. Losing Baby #1 was emotionally draining and I looked at the glass half empty. I can't figure out why this has been drastically different. I'm still sad and my heart still aches that yet again I have lost another baby. It still pains me to see pregnant women but at least I can see a newborn and think how precious they are and not lose it completely.

BTW, I did some therapeutic shopping today. :-)

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well. I am inspired by your 'glass half full' outlook. I am very far from that right now.