Thursday, September 4, 2008

Course of action

So..FINALLY I got to sit down with my Dr. and ask where we go from here. My Dr. is a very compassionate, understanding, and thoughtful man. Which is very helpful in this frustrating process. He, however, is very conservative and does not rush into anything. Which in some ways is good, in other ways it can be more frustrating.

At our appointment we discuss the next step in this process. The one diagnostic test we did not do is a sonohysterogram. A sonohysterogram is a vaginal u/s that uses a saline solution to enhance your uterus. It can detect abnormalities such as fibroids, pylops, scar tissue, or abnormalities of your uterine lining. The RE believes nothing will come of this u/s but wants to rule everything out.

We will not have the u/s until next cycle, hopefully beginning of October. I am to call as soon as AF arrives and the u/s needs to occur before ovulation. However, we are NOT putting off TTC this month. Yes, this risks another m/c but we are willing to take that risk at this point. Why continue to wait?

We also discussed whether progesterone was a problem and he said that he does not believe so. My progesterone dropped very quickly with Baby #3 because my hcg was dropping. Hcg therefore controls progesterone, or is at least suppose to. That's not to say that I don't have a luteal phase defect. So we'll see what the sonohysterogram says and go from there. The next step would be Clomid, at least in my mind.

Hopefully, we will become pregnant with our sticky baby this cycle and not have to worry about it. But I'm glad we have a course of action finally!!! Please continue to pray for us!!!

The last thing the RE did was look me in the eye and ask "putting all the physical stuff a side, how are you?" I told him for the most part I was still pretty numb. I told him we were prepared for the worst this time and not that it isn't devastating each time it happens but in a sense it is easier, I don't get my hopes up and I know what to expect emotionally and physically. It meant a lot for him to ask me this. He definitely heard that I was upset about my other appt because he said this u/s will be schedule with me and no one else.

Other than that...my first creative movement class was last night. Only 2 girls showed up but I was still thankful for that. I was a little discouraged afterwards but Mike said "ya know you only started this company a month ago" and he's right. I can't expect to have 5 girls in each class especially since this is not my full time job. So that made me feel better. Well I'm off to go have dinner and get some rest. I haven't been sleeping the greatest.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you have a plan. Praying for a sticky baby for you!!!

And two girls is great for just starting!!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you have a plan to move forward with things. I always pray for you that your sticky healthy baby is going to be here soon. ((hugs))

Ashley said...

I tagged you. Check out my blog.