Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Life's a Dance You Learn As You Go"

So...the good thing about NOT being pregnant is enjoying a glass of wine every night with dinner. Ok...not every night but I'm enjoying it why I can. I'm trying to remain optimistic about this cycle. CD 8 by the way for those of you who don't know. Lookin at next week O-ing. Wooo!

Anyway let's bring ya up to date with whats been going on. I met with the ballroom studio owner this past weekend, which went ok. I'm not thrilled but it is an opportunity to get my feet wet, build a name for myself, and acquire customers at this point. I think this is probably my best option at this point while I continue to work hard on my business plan. Did I mention before how much of a pain in the ass that is? ;-) But I'm not complaining...I totally want this and want to get out of the job situation I am in now. BTW, it improved for about a week and the same shady sh!t is going down. UGH!

So...the studio owner was nice. What I am not crazy about is the fact that she kinda just rents the studio out to other dance teachers. There is no set schedule and classes typically run for a month and then a new schedule comes out. Its all very confusing to me and seems inconsistent. How am I suppose to teach anything in just 4 weeks to someone who has never taken ballet? YIKES! I felt very unprepared for this meeting. She had a lot of questions for me which I did not have answers for. I was expecting her to tell me this is the days or times I have available for you to have a class(es) for the next year. Just not the case here.

She does want to meet again this Sunday and sit down with her husband who runs the business aspect of the company. So I'm thinking I might start with an 8 week beginner adult barre (only) class and a beginner adult jazz class that run back to back. 1 hour long each...not really sure though. Tossing a lot of ideas around but would like to start in September.

Well thats it for now. I'm off to watch So You Think You Can Dance!

4 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

A glass of wine each night? What about a bottle?? Oh, never mind. I'm talking about me. :)

While the studio may not be ideal, it sounds like getting your feet wet and building a clientele will be a great start!

Lesli said...

Sounds like you have some great ideas for the dance studio. Best of luck with this.

I have ALWAYS wanted to do ballet ever since I was a kid and I am still fascinated by it. I may have to take one of your classes if you offer a beginners class for adults. Seriously!!!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you have some good things going. I hope you can make your dreams come true with this!!!

And as for the wine...hell yes, drink up!

Amanda said...

A glass of wine sounds really nice!

I'll be gone next week, so I wanted to let you know I'll be thinking about you as your EDD approaches. {HUGS}