"Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring over 17 inches long, he now weighs over 5lbs! And from this week, until 2 weeks before birth, he will continue to gain about a half pound of weight every week. Unlike the first trimester, the weight between all babies in the third trimester is much more variable. Some babies weigh more and are taller, some babies weigh less and are shorter.
Also unlike the first trimester, by week 34 not much is changing. Your baby continues gaining weight through the development of subcutaneous fat and with that weight, is probably gaining strength in his movements. You may even be startled by a sudden jab to the ribs or be able to see a punch to your belly from the outside!"
I'll be honest. I've wished for the Dr. to put me on bed rest this week. I'm so physically, emotionally, and mentally tired its ridiculous. Working 40 hours a week, cleaning, doing laundry, preparing for a baby (nesting), pubic bone pain has me so worn out. I just want to stay in bed some days. However, I wake up with all kinds of aches and pains in the middle of the night....but just to be able to relax and not do anything would be freakin fantastic. Can you tell I'm tired of being pregnant? I just want my body back.
So I had my OB appt Thursday. Everything of course is great, besides some minor swelling in my ankles. I'm up 32 pounds, baby's HR was in the 150's, uterus measuring 34 cm, and baby remains head down. (Now I just wish that he would drop so things would get rolling.) I go back in another 2 weeks at 36 weeks and hopefully the mid-wife will give me some tips.
Incase anyone is interested I did get a maternity belt which seems to help some of my pubic bone pain. I ordered it from www.tummywear.com after doing a lot of research it is called "Best Prenatal Cradle". I would also recommend buying the mini cradle as well because you can't wear the Best Prenatal Cradle under everything due to the suspenders. But for now I'm just sucking it up and next pregnancy I'll buy the mini cradle. I think that its pretty comfortable but than again I may not have a problem with it due to all the dance costumes I wore growing up. It was just something I got use to.
So Friday I came home an hour early because all day I was not feeling good. I had an upset stomach and by the end of the day felt like I was going to puke. So I came home to find that our weim, Jake had busted through our bedroom window. We live in a ranch, btw. I have no idea what, when, how or why this happened. My best guess is he saw an animal in the back yard, lunged at the window and either a) went through the entire window (double panes & screen), ending up in the back yard and having to jump back in (I think that would explain why some of the glass was inside) or b) just lunged at the window and it broke. He had a nice gash about 1/3of the way up his right leg so I ended up rushing him to the vet before they closed at 5:30. He has about 8 staples and a nice cone around his neck. I will try and post a pic later, I hafta figure out how to download pics off my phone. He's already back to his normal self. We've kept it bandaged because he already broke his cone and I had to fix it with mailing tape.
Anyways...thats our excitement for the week. Now I'm gonna go work in the yard a little and later today work is throwing me a baby shower. YAY!
2 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment