Poor Sadie had surgery yesterday on her ear. It was very unexpected. She has the typical golden problems...allergies, hot spots, ear problems...the works. So it wasn't a shocker when she started shaking her head and scratching at her ears about a week ago. Mike cleaned them out a few times and Wed night Mike noticed a HUGE fluid pocket on her right ear flap. So Thursday I took her to the vet and she said that from shaking and scratching she broke a blood vessel and the pocket is full of blood. Figuring they would just drain it right then and there, she explained that she would need surgery otherwise the pocket may return.
Onto Landon updates...let's see...Landon is definitely starting to smile more. Mainly in the morning and on the changing table. He seems to be very happy whenever we change his diaper especially if he has a poopy one. He coo's and ca's as well. Its a feeling I can't describe...it just makes everything well worth it!!
[Smile happens in the first 10 secs]
Its amazing watching him grow. He sits in his swing and loves watching himself and the mobile or watching our faces or even playing on his activity gym thingy. His legs and arms go a mile a minute on there, hitting toys. He also likes when he's in his car seat watching his firefly that has a black and white pattern on the bottom of it.
I've been doing a lot more pumping this week as well as bottle feeding since I'm going back to work in a week. I'm so sad!! I'm looking forward to getting out of the house BUT not looking forward to being away from Landon 40+ hours a week. Thinking about it just makes my heart sink!! I hate it! I wish I could work part time. Speaking of...
Recently two of my old dance teachers were fired from my old dance studio, where I danced growing up. We MAY be combining forces so I may continue my dance company after all. I was dead set on just stopping because I don't feel its fair to Landon or Mike, working full time, managing a small business, teaching a few hours a week, plus raising an infant. I'm just not that ambitious! If I was soley just running my company that would be one thing but we can't afford to with Mike being in limbo with his job and unsure of where his job is leading. So I'm hoping with some help I'll be able to continue JUST DANCE! For now though I'm going to be dancing Sunday nights which I'm looking forward to. A chance for me time and to help get my body back in shape.
Anyway I got side tracked...Landon continues to love taking showers with his Daddy! Mike tells me he started doing this thing where Mike holds him while sitting on the seat in the shower and when Landon feels the water hit the back of his head and he leans his head back into the water and smiles. I never thought my LO (little one) would be getting showers with his Daddy at less than 8 weeks old, actually 4 weeks was the first.
Landon seems to be on a fairly ok schedule. He fights sleep at night but once he's asleep he sleeps in 4 hour stretches. We haven't been getting up till about 10 AM however since I've been off so this week should be interesting for him & (mainly) I. I want to start getting up when I would for work to get back into a work schdule. UGH! Not looking forward to getting up around 5:30-6 to be at work by 7. Thankfully, Mike doesn't start work till 8, so he will be driving Landon to my moms and I'll be picking up around 4ish.
:::Sigh::: I need to enjoy this last week off! I can't believe how fast it's gone!
1 year ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment