I forgot to mention that at 24 weeks I felt hiccups. It was so cute!! They were very very low and were rhythmic pulses. You could tell they weren't kicks cuz half way through he kicked. I think he might have been angry. They last for about 1-2 minutes. It was neat!
Today was our 25 week appt. We met with the mid-wife that Mike knows and she was fantastic! I'm praying that she'll be there for our delivery thats how much I liked her. She spent 20 minutes with us just answering our questions and making small talk, which was nice. We talked about weight, glucose test, tearing at birth (my biggest fear), pediatricians, vaccinations, circumcision, etc....My uterus is measuring right at 25 cm and baby's HB was 160 bpm. :::sigh of relief:::
So let's talk about weight for a minute. I'll be totally honest here. Pre-pregnancy on my scale I weighed 128 lbs. I'm 5'4" and thats the heaviest I've ever been. When I was dancin I was consistently at 115-118. So 128 was a big deal. Anyways...I lost 5 lbs due to m/s and on my scale at home I now weigh 143 lbs. So according to my scale I've gained 15 lbs...which my goal is to gain no more than 30 lbs. However, mid-wife today said 40 lbs isn't unreasonable. I was like HOLY SH!T!! Anyways according to their records I started at 126 & am now 147 lbs. I couldn't believe it! Thats 21 lbs. Its not like I've gained weight everywhere else. Maybe a pound in my boobs and the rest is all belly. Anyways she said I'm right on target and not to worry about it which made me feel better. I'm wasn't worried about it and I'm still not. I was just shocked at the comparison. All that matters is my baby is healthy and if that means gaining 40 lbs, I'll do it!
I have to go for my glucose test within the next 2-3 weeks at my convenience. So I think I'm gonna go next Saturday, just to get it done and over with. I hope I pass and don't have to do the 3 hour. Yuck!
Another thing I hafta do is sign up for child birth classes and set up an appt for belly shots. I can't believe how quick this is going and how quick winter is going. Normally, I hate winter and it goes by slower every year...but not this year. I guess cuz I'm counting the weeks! BTW, I was so excited when my mid-wife said we could totally start doing things by 36 weeks to bring on labor. Personally, I think I'll go early. Mike on the other hand thinks I'm gonna be late. I was right on the gender so we'll see who is right on the timing.
2 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment